The epic vote that is the Gunge Grand Prix has reached its conclusion. The votes have counted, verified, recounted, thrown into a computer algorithm, studied by experts. They all agree that the winner is below.
Can you see this? We good?
And so, the winner of the Gunge Grand Prix 2013 is…
Yes, the “We are never getting back together” singer has triumphed, becoming the first singer and non-actress to win. She now has a Hot Seat upon which to receive her fate.
A full set of results will be revealed sometime over the next week (they haven’t gone missing this year), but in the meantime, I can tell you that Taylor overcame Jenna with a 59% to 41% margin.
And so, we can continue on to the most important part of the GGP. The Story Competition, where we actually get an account of just how Taylor met her fate.
There are rules, and as such, rules must be obeyed. To be fair though, they aren’t that complicated.
- Taylor Swift must get gunged in the Hotseat. She is the only one who may be gunged in the story.
- The use of the Hotseat or Taylor Swift in the story is prohibited until the GGP story competition is over.
- Using Hanger 17 as a guide to what the Hotseat is, please be mindful to keep the spirit of the original tank alive in your story.
- Other people may be included in your story, but they aren’t allowed to get messy. Suggestions include (but by no means limited to) the fallen foes revenge, Emma, Karen and Kaley welcoming their latest addition, or a previous host getting their return to Gunge TV.
- You want Rule 5? You can’t handle Rule 5
- Clothing is to remain “sensible”. For example, Taylor wouldn’t publicly turn up for a gunging like this naked, nor would she wear bondage gear. She also wouldn’t remove clothing just because it was covered in gunge.
- Pictures are highly recommended when it comes to illustrating your story. A quick search of Google images (other image search engines exist) will find plenty for inspiration.
- (Nota bene) To post your story, write your email address in the comments below this post, and I will get in contact with you. I will then post your story at the given time, keeping the authors anonymous at this stage (please do not speculate as to who the author is). Please note it may take me a few days to respond, but I will get to all stories that are submitted.
- You have until Sunday 29th September to submit your story to me. All stories will be posted on Monday 30th September, where you’ll have just under a week to review them. The vote for which is the best story will go up on Saturday 5th October. All authors will be revealed along with the winning author after the vote.
- Any reference to Daily Newspapers is fair play.
- Noel Edmonds is strictly Optional.
Any questions, just ask below. I’m giving anonymous stories a try in my last year, see how it works in practice and which I’d recommend to my successor.
And now, the thank yous. Firstly, Thank you to you for voting, this wouldn’t work without you getting involved. Thank you to all who made a nomination, it’s always great to see the various ladies put up for the vote. Thank you to those that read my sarcastic comments, and even wrote back in some cases. Thank you to Tellygunge for his wonderful blog, and thank you to manufan, the original GGP creator (as well as who came up with this year’s prize).
As you may know, I’m not going to do the GGP next year. I’d just like to say thank you for the great times in organising the competition, to the feedback on how well it’s going. It’s not an easy feat to organise this competition, but it is rewarding, and I would recommend it to someone who wants to give it a go. Get in contact if you fancy it (especially since if no one wants to run it, GGP 2014 may not go ahead).
The Hotseat is ready. Taylor Swift is ready. The gunge is ready. Are you ready?